How is botanophobia diagnosed?
There aren’t any tests to diagnose fear of plants. Your healthcare provider can diagnose the condition based on discussions with you about:
- Your symptoms.
- How long they’ve been happening.
- Whether they’re interfering in your life.
Your healthcare provider can diagnose botanophobia if you have an intense fear of plants that:
- Causes extreme anxiety as soon as you think about or encounter a plant.
- Leads to significant stress or affects your daily life.
- Has been happening for at least six months.
- Is out of proportion with the actual danger.
- Makes you avoid plants or specific situations.
- Produces physical symptoms of anxiety or panic attacks.