How do I take care of myself with AVNRT?
Certain strategies may help you control AVNRT episodes, including:
- Don’t use any over-the-counter medications or supplements without checking with your healthcare provider first.
- Have regular follow-up visits with your healthcare provider, such as a cardiologist (heart specialist).
- Take all of your medications as directed.
- Track and avoid triggers that tend to set off AVNRT episodes.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you notice any changes in your symptoms. For example, are episodes worse now than they used to be? Do they happen more often?