How do I take care of myself after tooth reimplantation?
To help protect your tooth after reinsertion, you should:
- Avoid foods that are too cold or too hot.
- Brush gently with a soft toothbrush after each meal.
- Consume only soft food and liquids for two weeks.
- Rinse with an antibacterial chlorhexidine mouthwash two times a day for two weeks.
- Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) as needed for pain relief.
You’ll also need to visit your dentist for regular checkups of your reattached tooth. You should avoid contact sports until your provider gives you the go-ahead.