Your healthcare providers will give you instructions when you leave the emergency department. Make sure you have the answers to the following questions before you go:
- How long will I need to be in a cast?
- Do I need physical therapy while I’m in the cast?
- Do I need physical therapy after the cast comes off?
- Should I see any other specialists (like an orthopaedic surgeon or neurologist)?
- Do I need more X-rays?
- When do I need to follow up, and with whom?
- Do I need prescription medications?