Accidents can happen to anyone. It’s scary to think you could break a bone by falling off a ladder, getting into a car crash or slipping on a wet floor. You can reduce your risk by taking simple precautions such as:
- Avoiding heights.
- Doing yoga or other exercises to improve strength and balance.
- Holding on to safety bars when you get in and out of the bathtub if you don’t have great balance.
- Driving safely and defensively.
- Not playing contact sports like football.
- Being careful if the ground is slippery, and wearing the proper shoes for the surfaces you’re walking on.
- Using a cane or walker if recommended by your healthcare provider.