menu search

1 Answer


Acute compartment syndrome must get immediate treatment. A surgeon will perform an operation called a fasciotomy. To relieve pressure, the surgeon makes an incision (cut) through the skin and the fascia (compartment cover).

After the swelling and pressure go away, the surgeon will close the incision. Sometimes that can’t happen right away. The surgeon may do a skin graft, taking skin from another area of your body to put over the incision.


Welcome to Helpof Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.