In addition to treatment, your baby’s healthcare provider may recommend several therapies. These include:
- Psychosocial therapy: Psychosocial therapists (social workers) provide mental health support for you, your child and the rest of your family.
- Genetic counseling: Genetic counselors can confirm your baby’s diagnosis and offer counseling.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapists help with physical exercises to stretch and strengthen your child’s muscles and tendons.
- Occupational therapy: Occupational therapists help with fine motor skills, visual perception, cognitive reasoning and sensory processing.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapists help with speech, language, communication, and feeding and swallowing skills.