You can lower your risk of chronic limb-threatening ischemia by getting treatment for PAD. You may also reduce your risk factors by:
- Achieving and maintaining an optimal weight for your age, sex and body type.
- Exercising regularly, incorporating strength training, flexibility and aerobic exercises.
- Keeping your blood pressure and cholesterol within healthy ranges.
- Managing any co-existing conditions, such as diabetes.
- Reducing stress with healthy coping techniques, such as meditation or talk therapy.