The most common symptoms, listed in order from early to late stages of the disease, include:
- Forgetfulness and memory problems.
- Confusion and disorientation.
- Behavior and personality changes.
- Problems with your vision or processing and understanding what you see.
- Hallucinations or delusions.
- Problems with muscle coordination (ataxia).
- Balance problems, affecting stability while walking or standing.
- Uncontrolled muscle movements and spasms (dystonia).
- Wasting (when you lose muscle mass and weight rapidly, sometimes known as muscle atrophy).