Healthcare providers may do the following tests:
- Blood tests: These tests measure certain hormone levels.
- Urinalysis: These tests check for signs of kidney problems.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: This test uses a series of X-rays and a computer to create three-dimensional images of people’s soft tissues and bones.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This is a painless test that uses a large magnet, radio waves and a computer to produce very clear images of organs and structures within people’s bodies.
- Biopsy: Healthcare providers do biopsies (take tissue samples) to obtain cells, fluids, tissues or growths for examination under a microscope.