If you have COVID-19 it can take several days to develop symptoms — but you’re contagious during this time. You are no longer contagious 10 days after your symptoms began.
The best way to avoid spreading COVID-19 to others is to:
- Stay 6 feet away from others whenever possible.
- Wear a cloth mask that covers your mouth and nose when around others.
- Wash your hands often. If soap isn’t available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid crowded indoor spaces. Open windows to bring in outdoor air as much as possible.
- Stay self-isolated at home if you are feeling ill with symptoms that could be COVID-19 or have a positive test for COVID-19.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.