Common symptoms include:
- Hardened areas of skin where there is repeated friction or pressure on the skin (corns and calluses).
- Small, round, raised bump of hardened skin surrounded by irritated skin (more likely to be a corn).
- Thick, hardened, larger typically more flatten patch of skin (more likely to be callus).
- Less sensitivity to touch than the surrounding skin (more likely to be callus).
- Raised area of bump may be painful or cause discomfort (more likely to be corn).
- Pain, redness, blisters.